Thursday, March 3, 2016

Re-Animated Movement

What a profound difference between living and simply being alive
I could never feel alright living sane
I'd much rather be living out of my mind

Don't you ever get bored, or are you really that easily amused
So apathetic and content without a purpose
This is existence desperately confused

We'll dream dreams of extraordinary men
In extraordinary days
And their extraordinary ways

Then awaken to our TV screens
And praise our fashion queens
The wax wings of mediocrity

Right underneath our noses they've raised an army of plastic men
You might have seen their recruiting posters
I WANT YOU! to be more comfortable than you've ever been

A life lived with reckless abandon is barbarism, or so they've said
Who are they to speak on the matters of living
Just look in their eyes and see that they're already dead

A more beautiful thing than the American Dream
Is a dead man coming back to his senses
Don't get me wrong, I'm a patriot too...
It's just I've got a strange affinity for burning picket fences

I want to go down in flames
I want to be the one
To thrive on sweat and blood
To finish what we've begun
I want every breath to scream
"My purpose is this"
Twelve rounds to knockout
I wont be meaningless.
- Brandan Eliot, "Reanimation for Dummies"

7 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday, FJ!

Thersites said...

Thanks, Jen. It was a pleasant afternoon, with brunch @ Miss Shirley's in Baltimore with family.

Thersites said...

:)

Jen said...

Nice! I'm glad you had a good day. :)

nicrap said...

Happy Belated b'day, my friend! :)

Sorry, i didn't know, or would have wished earlier. :)

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

No problem. I don't advertise them anymore. ;)

nicrap said...

:)