Thursday, March 17, 2016

Ansel Adams - Visualizing

Shadows of light and darkness
Contrasting images of El Capitan
Half Dome sliced by an ice age glacier

I met him that day in Yosemite
Touched by the unique qualities of his photos
Fine prints are displayed at his gallery

I marveled at his skill
Black and white contrasts
Create spiritual moments and introspection

I brought him home with me
His work now hangs in my office
Ever inspiring, ever grand
-Carolyn Devonshir, "Amazing Art of Ansel Adams" (March 15, 2015)

1 comment:

Jen said...

A friend of mine gave me a book about the Zone System, which Ansel Adams made so popular. It's an incredibly complex method of exposing your image based on ambient light...and the book he gave me was supposed to make it easier to understand.

My friend doesn't know me very well yet. :)