Friday, June 6, 2014

Paid Paramours

She's had a long and tragic love life.
Her gifts are on display for all to see.
Her wrath has been the downfall of a few, but she has been the inspiration of many for the longest time.
She is the night sky.
And she is my paramour.

I make it my mission to see her every night.
I ask her all sorts of questions, but she never gives me a direct answer.
Last night I asked her,
'Why can't I feel my heartbeat? '
Her answer was one to stun,
'It is a god given burden for you and a few others to carry, each of you are meant to save someone or something.'

I didn't understand, I thought that the night sky was the only kind goddess around.
But she gave me an answer, and now I know what I am.
I didn't see her again.
I only snuck little peaks at her majestic benevolence and her undying beauty.
She may not be my lover anymore, but she taught me she does not bring the darkest hours.
And while she may be a paramour of my past, she is still my closest friend, physically, mentally, and spiritually.
-Adrian Cordova

No comments: