Saturday, January 16, 2016

Living In G_d's Hands...

In the mid-to-late 1990s, Bauman began exploring postmodernity and consumerism.[12] He posited that a shift had taken place in modern society in the latter half of the 20th century; it had changed from a society of producers into a society of consumers. According to Bauman, this change reversed Freud's "modern" tradeoff—i.e., security was given up in order to enjoy more freedom, freedom to purchase, consume, and enjoy life. In his books in the 1990s Bauman wrote of this shift as being a shift from "modernity" to "post-modernity".
Zygmunt Bauman

10 comments:

Jen said...

Hey FJ. How are you?
I saw this guy's paintings on Pinterest, and I thought you might like him. Roberto Ferri. Let me know what you think. Don't google him until you get home. ;-)

Nicrap, what or who do you love more than anything in the world??
:-D

Thersites said...

I'm good

I love how he mixes Surrealism with Baroque. His technique is incredible.

Jen said...

Yeah, he is pretty amazing... So much talent at a relatively young age.

nicrap said...

Sorry, Jen. Didn't see it until now.

What do I love most? I would like to say truth, but do i? Tell you what ... ask me a couple of questions that you think i may not answer truthfully and then we will see if what i say is true or not, i.e., if i love truth the most or not.

p.s. my first thought was an occasional smoke when no one is around. :)

Jen said...

We'll both be putting each other on the spot!

I can't think of anything (that I'd feel comfortable asking you) that you might not answer truthfully. :-)

But first I have to ask: how do you define "love" in this situation?

Do you mean, what do you value the most?

nicrap said...

Yes.

How do you define it?

Jen said...

I define it the same way.
Do you really love that occasional smoke more than anything?

nicrap said...

All things same, yes.

nicrap said...

What about you? What or who do you love most?

Jen said...

I think I love Christ the most.
I don't always show it, though.