Friday, March 7, 2014

Focused on Foam...

Aphrodite's foam
Once covered the sea
From it thus mermaids inherited their beauty.

Magical allure
With it they captivate men
Aphrodite's foam
Cleansing, stinging with longing the heart within

Do men fear the mermaid more than love?
Of couse they do!
A barrier between worlds, sea and land
Who could love the mermaid but the trancendant few?

They who touch the remnants of Aphrodite's foam
Have felt that lace made of moonlight and joy
It is they who find the purest and truest love is attainable
And truer still than the common woman selfish and coy

That truth as almost as bright as the light of God
That truth felt in passionate starlight and sea spray
Stroking the coral silk of mermaid's hair
On earth, in the sea and in the air embracing each other night and day.
- Ivan Zimmer, "Aphrodite's Foam"

8 comments:

Jen said...

:)

This brightened my day....Thanks...

Red Herring said...

de nada.

Jen said...

It looks like I'll be getting a bit of a vacation next week. Not sans kids, but it'll work. ;-)

Thersites said...

Sounds nice.

I'm taking a bit of time off next week myself. A little bitter sweet though. My step mom passed last week, and I'm going to review next-steps, if any, with my dad.

Getting older sucks...

Jen said...

I'm sorry, fj..

Will be thinking of you and your father...

Thersites said...

Thanks. But at least we'll be on a beach in Waikiki.

Like I said, bitter-sweet.

Always On Watch said...

Thersites,
My condolences.

Getting older definitely sucks!

Thersites said...

Thanks, AoW! You're right, it definitely does! :(