Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Crawling Away for Want of a Better Word...

I want to stay sad forever
Soft as the clouds, deeper then the ocean

Beyond the human experience, there's a feeling
Passing time, when I was three

Nothing cannot be defined, it just slips away
Stop, silence, nothing, everything

Words are just conjectures of the mind, sound is just vibration
Experience is just an illusion, thought is just an idea

Breath, stillness, everything, nothing
It is here that you will find what you have always been looking for

Escape through the door onto green fields and the pouring rain
Redemption

Every moment that passes brings you closer
Divide me into half and release me

I want to stay sad forever
- Maazrizwan85, "For Want of a Better Word"

4 comments:

Jen said...

This is sad, fj.

what's it about?

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

I think it's about desiring the non-thinking aspects of experience and life. It's not the "joy" of a soaring, thoughtful soul, but perhaps the pre-lingual non-memorable socially-unconstructed aspects of living and life.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

ps - I chose the poem to accompany the song... because I really liked the lyric... "for want of a better word" (not the complete absence of words)

Thersites said...

...the song is more about the masculine jouissance of the drive... and not so much the feminine jouissance of "the other".